INVITATION FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
INVITATION FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR THE DESIGN AND SUPERVISION OF AFRICA CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE ON NEW PEDAGOGIES IN ENGINEERING EDUCATION PERMANENT CENTRE BUILDING
The Africa Centre of Excellence on New Pedagogies in Engineering Education (ACENPEE) is one of the 17 World Bank supported projects for Development Impact (ACE Impact Project) based in Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. The Centre among other things is charged with the responsibility of developing and providing a world-class teaching and learning environment that stimulates and promotes innovation in techno-pedagogical skills and competencies for engineering education and practices.
The Centre has earned and received funds from the World Bank to invest in achieving some of its Disbursement Linked Indicators DLIs). Consequently, the Centre wishes to use part of the funds to employ consultants for the design and supervision of its permanent centre building.
In line with the Public Procurement Act, 2007, the Centre, therefore, wishes to invite interested, competent and reputable consultants to submit Expression of Interest (EOI) documents for the execution of the services indicated below:
(2.0) SCOPE OF SERVICES:
(1) Architectural Design
(2) Quantity Surveying (Bill of Quantity)
(3) Structural Engineering Design
(4) Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Designs
(3.0) EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI) REQUIREMENTS:
The ACENPEE, in compliance with the PPA, 2007 and Bureau of public procurement (BPP) guideline, will carry out the expression of interest for consultancy companies who respond to this advert based on the following requirements:
(4.0) ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including Forms CAC2 and CAC7. Business name is also acceptable;
- Evidence of Company/Firm’s Tax Clearance Certificate (or personal income tax clearance certificate) for the last three (3) years 2018, 2019, 2020 valid till 31st December, 2021;
- Evidence of current Pension Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2021;
- Evidence of current Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2021;
- Evidence of current Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2021;
- Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on 31/12/2021 or valid Certificate issued by BPP.
- Company Profile with the Curriculum Vitae of Key Staff to be deployed for the project, including copies of their Academic/Professional qualifications (in case of construction: COREN, QSRBN, ARCON, etc. where applicable);
- Sworn Affidavit disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of the Africa Centre of Excellence on New Pedagogies in Engineering Education ACENPEE or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars;
- Company’s Audited Accounts for the last three (3) years – (2018, 2019, 2020);
- Evidence of financial capability to execute the project including Reference Letter from a reputable commercial bank indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed;
- Verifiable documentary evidence of at least two (2) similar jobs executed in the last five (5) years including Letters of Awards, Valuation Certificates, Job Completion Certificates and Photographs of the projects;
- For Joint Venture/Partnership, Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) should be provided (all the eligibility requirements are compulsory for each JV partner)
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a Covering/Forwarding letter under the Company/Firm’s Letter Head Paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Contact Address, Telephone Number (preferably GSM No.), and e-mail address. The Letterhead Paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorised officer of the firm.
(5.0) SUBMISSION OF EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI) DOCUMENTS AND OPENING:
Interested and competent consultants are requested to submit their expression of interest documents to the Secretary, Procurement committee, Procurement Unit, Office of the Centre Leader, Africa Centre of Excellence on New Pedagogies in Engineering Education Building, ABU Business School Road, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria.
Expression of Interest (EOI) documents must be submitted on or before 12:00 pm Monday, 17th January 2022 in sealed envelopes clearly marked ‘Expression of Interest’ at the top right-hand corner.
Name, Telephone Number and Mailing address of the consultant should be clearly stated on the reverse side of the envelope.
The opening of Profile shall take place immediately after the deadline for submission, at the address below:
Africa Centre of Excellence on New Pedagogies in Engineering
Education Building (ACENPEE) Hall,
ABU Business School Road,
Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
(6.0) ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
The ACENPEE may verify any or all the claims made by applicants and shall disqualify any consultant whose claims are found to be false;
All submission pages must be duly initialed;
One (2) hardcopy and one (1) soft copy of profiles are to be submitted, and
Non-compliance to the instructions will lead to disqualification.
Submission must be made only in English Language.